Table of Contents
To enhance aesthetic beauty. And with a city as populous as Dubai, it’s no secret that the treatment receives much prominence.
With facial fillers, you can attain the facial structure you desire. But before getting yourself treated with the best fillers in Dubai, you want to ensure complete knowledge of the treatment’s effectiveness and the types of dermal fillers available. So, here’s everything you ought to know about them.
Temporary Dermal Fillers
The most common fillers available on the market are temporary fillers. Their results last six months to a year, and you can maintain them in good condition by limiting facial contraction. They are available in different types, including:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers
- Calcium hydroxylapatite fillers
- Collagen-based fillers
Temporary fillers provide quick results, and the procedure does not require more than 60 minutes. They are usually used to enhance natural aesthetics and correct minor to medium aging signs.
Since they are temporary, you can quickly reverse their effects by undergoing surgery or reverse injection. As such, temporary fillers are the preferred treatment as they help analyze your skin’s cosmetic results. It also determines if you need permanent treatment.
Semi-Permanent Dermal Fillers
Semi-permanent fillers have a thicker consistency than temporary fillers and can last up to 2 years. They use a synthetic compound, poly-L-Lactic acid (PLLA), as their base ingredient.
Unlike temporary fillers, PLLA-based fillers take longer for the skin to absorb and show results. They are effective against more significant signs of aging.
Despite being able to retain their effects for a longer time, these fillers need frequent touch-ups to keep them in their best condition.
Permanent Dermal Fillers
Fillers with a highly viscous consistency are considered permanent and last up to 5 years. Your body doesn’t dissolve them as quickly as temporary or semi-permanent fillers.
They are best suitable for correcting areas with thick skin, like the nasolabial folds. Permanent fillers have a quick procedure like temporary fillers. But the downside to this treatment is they have a complex removal process.
How To Make Facial Fillers Last Longer?
Facial movement and muscle contraction contribute to the breakdown of fillers. While it is impossible to maintain a motionless face, you can make the fillers last longer by following these steps:
- Hydrate your skin: Practice a regular skincare routine with hydrating and moisturizing products to keep your skin healthy. In addition, drink plenty of water to enhance deep hydration from within.
- Reduce UV exposure: Skin damage by UV exposure is a critical issue. So, always apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher to protect your skin.
- Maintain your fillers: The effects of facial fillers prolong with regular touch-ups. Remember to visit your surgeon whenever required.
- Minimize stress: Stress releases increased levels of cortisol. And cortisol increases oil production, clogs pores, and damages your skin. Consider incorporating a meditation routine to alleviate stress levels.
The permanence of dermal fillers depends on their ingredients. Manufacturers categorize them as temporary, semi-permanent, and permanent fillers based on their potency and result duration.
While none of the treatments provide lifelong results, you can make them last longer by making minor changes to your everyday life, such as avoiding excessive facial expressions.