Table of Contents
Dermal fillers are a non-surgical and FDA-approved treatment that delivers a youthful appearance. They can correct many skin concerns that arise from the natural aging process. This can be anything from firming stretched skin and muscles to repairing sun damage and enhancing parts of your face.
Ingredients In Dermal Fillers And How They Work
Dermal fillers start working the moment they enter your skin. Their effectiveness may vary depending on the type of filler, so let’s study their key ingredients:
- Hyaluronic acid:This natural compound boosts collagen levels, improves skin elasticity, and helps achieve firmer-looking skin. It is the most common ingredient in dermal fillers today.
The compound absorbs and retains water under your skin’s surface to fill out receding areas. It also replaces the areas with lost volume to provide a smooth texture and binds with water molecules to keep your skin hydrated.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA):This viscous and elastic mineral in fillers makes your skin more prominent by stimulating long-term collagen production. It results in a plumper and more youthful appearance.
- Poly-L-Lactic acid (PLLA):PPLA is a synthetic substance that increases collagen levels in the skin to create structure and add volume to your face.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA):This synthetic polymer adds more volume to your face by providing a firm structure. It takes longer to enhance collagen production but gives a long-lasting result.
Because of their extended downtime, they are best used in areas with minimal motion.
How Does Dermal Filler Work On The Face?
With aging being a common concern among growing adults, dermal fillers in Dubai are in increasing demand. If you’re among the many who’d like a dermal filler sometime in the future, it’s best to learn about their procedure.
So, this article will walk you through the mechanism of dermal fillers to help you find the best fillers in Dubai.
Results Of Using Dermal Fillers
A successful dermal filling treatment helps restore signs of aging and naturally enhances your aesthetics. You will find these improvements depending on your area of treatment:
- Adds volume and shape to lips.
- Restores volume in hollow parts of the face.
- Smoothens fine lines, creases, and wrinkles.
- Provides a more symmetrical facial structure.
- Reduces nasolabial folds by lifting the sagging skin and muscles.
- Contours your facial structure by highlighting prominent parts like your cheeks, eyebrows, and chin.
Dermal fillers last anywhere between 6 months to a year. The filler breaks down with facial movements and returns your skin to its original state once completely extinguished from under your skin.
The results of dermal fillers may be somewhat similar to other facial treatments like Botox when considering its effects on correcting aging. However, dermal fillers differ from Botox as they don’t interfere with your facial expressions.
Dermal fillers are highly useful in rejuvenating damaged skin and sculpting facial structure. Since there are different treatments available, your doctor will assess your issue’s severity to recommend a desirable procedure.
If you have minor to medium skin concerns, a hyaluronic acid-based filler will be the most suitable choice. They add volume to your skin and increase collagen production, resulting in a natural appearance.